Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Week 13, Dead Ends!

Week of 3/29-4/2, 2010

Tuesday 8:30-10:15=1.75 hours
Hours left for credit 96.75-1.75=95 hours

Today I am only here for a little a couple of hours because I have a doctors' appointment, and have to leave early. I had planned to meet with Chelsea to discuss what I have found on my research, but the plans have changed. There is a meeting on mobile media. Ron Cariker, of 7 Media Group came and spoke to us about how mobile media, more importantly cell phones, is changing the face of advertising. He presented the importance and dynamics of this changing face. The smartphone has created another advertising portal, and now the issue is the ethics with tapping into people's phones to advertise through geolocation marketing. He also went through all the steps and protocol in a mobile marketing campaign. All in all I was very impressed with the presentation, because we have discussed about this type of advertising in class, but I had yet to meet anyone that actually specialized in this type of marketing.

Thursday 8:30-12.30=4 hours
Friday 9:00-11:00= 2 hours
Hours left for credit 95-6=89 hours

Thursday and Friday I worked on more of the advertising forum research. Thursday I spoke with Chelsea and we went over what I had found so far. The only website I found that Chelsea felt was worthwhile is adfroum.com. When we spoke she informed me that wanted me to go further into research, and find out why some of our competitors are members of this site and so on, but I couldn't find much, I will just keep plugging away.

No comments:

Post a Comment