Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 15, Getting back to basics

Week 4/12-4/16

Tuesday 8:30a-3:30p=7 hours
Thursday 10:00-12:30=4 hours
Friday 8:30-11:00=2.5 hours
Hours left for credit 80.75-13.5=67.25 hours

I am still working on ad research I have gotten back to basics and I am just doing more specific searches on the web. Even though I have already met with Chelsea on the topic, and have already gone through my findings, I was just trying to find more information, because things now have slowed down.

I was also just doing some general news research to find out what is happening in the Advertising Industry. I have found a couple of new websites with articles on the subject. Doing the kind of stuff whileI have been doing for VI, has really gotten me interested in finding out what is happening in the field. I feel that as an intern, what they look for is any new insight in the industry from the students that come through here. This does two things show them my interest, and also allows me to pass on knowledge that they otherwise might have passed in their daily duties.

Everybody is always busy in the agency, so being able to do simple things as send them articles that I found is always a help, because I am sure they never have time to find the info themselves. In my goal to gain notoriety and further experience, what this has lead to was a good find in something called Augmented Reality, and its use in campaigns within the industry. I showed the Creative Director, Steve Sturges, and Production Artist, Preston Herring about it and they loved it. Preston commented to me later, "good find." I felt really enthusiastic about the find, so much in fact that I wanted to let everyone else know about it. I started showing the others, and even the internship coordinator, chelsea about AR. Chelsea, later approached me, and asked me to start prepping a presentation on it, due in two weeks.

This is my chance to shine, Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment