Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 8, Cool and collected

Week of Feb 22-26, 2010

Tuesday 9.30-1.30=4 hours
Hours left for credit 166-4=162

Back on today, with finishing up the Advanced Academics outline. Just trying to get it done right, I talked with Allison earlier, and she said that we should meet later to see how everything was going, I don't want to let her down.

Dallas, last Friday was fun, I learned a lot about the advertising world in the big city, it seemed a lot more high paced, maybe it was just the city itself. I do not want to discount what I am doing here at Visual Image, because there are days here that seem just as stressful, it's just that the agencies we visited in Dallas, were much bigger, than VI and maybe that's why there was a different feel in perception.


Thursday 8.30a-12.30p=4 hours
Hours left for credit 162-4=158

This Advanced Academics thing is getting old. I cannot wait till I am finished with this project. Allison wanted for me to have it finished by today, but i do not think that is going to happen. As I have said before, when I give the finished outline to her, I want to make sure that it meets beyond her expectations. So i am just plugging away at the same stuff today, it's getting redundant, but it is productive.

In the other part of my life, school to be more exact, as always the things are hectic as always, but i think they are cooling off in the sense that I have a better grasp on what is needed to get finished with the projects/assignments. It's either that, or I am just getting used to the workload.

What really though is the fact that I work Wednesday nights, at Kamps nightclub, as a bartender. I usually stay at a fellow bartender's house at the end of the night, instead of driving all the way back down to Norman, to alleviate the fact that I have to drive all the way back up just a few hours later. The point I am trying to make is that I get three hours of sleep, and it is starting to grind on me. There is an up-side to it though. The fact that I am sleeping on a couch and not my own bed, helps me get up, in the morning as oppose to continuously pushing the snooze button. Even though I am sleep deprived, what sleeping on my friend's couch and not my own comfortable bed does for me, is get me in here bright and early to tackle the day. On Thursday mornings coffee is a Godsend.


Friday 8.30a-11.30a=3 hours
Hours left for credit 158-3=155

Today is hectic up here, clients are coming in for meetings all day, everybody is running around. I am just staying quiet and doing my work, especially when I am here for only a few hours today. So I started the day off with an email to Allison, letting her know that I did not have the outline finished. She is totally fine with that and re-itterated the fact that it is just ongoing work, but she did meet with me to check on my progress. I showed her all the info I obtained, and she seemed very impressed. I just worked on getting all the info into the finished document. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel with this project and I am getting eager, I have figured out how to streamline all the relevant information, and properly source the info.

It's really great how everything I am doing in my classes, coincides with all that I am doing here. I feel that it really differentiates me from the other interns, because I come in i know what I am doing, and I feel very confident with my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment