Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 5 Feeling the heat

Week of Feb 1-5, 2010

Tuesday 8.30-1=4.5 hours
Thursday 8.30-1=4.5 hours
Friday 8.30-10.30=2 hours
Total for the week 11 hours

Hours left for credit 192.5-11=181.5

This is a little bit of a shorter blog, I am just going to sum things up in one paragraph, for the whole week, instead of blogging about daily experiences.This week has been really pushing the envelope so to speak, not necessarily here at Visual Image but all together, school, work, and my internship, has been a bit trying on my schedule, and more so my mind.

First off, in school my group has this presentation to do in my Account Planning class next Monday. My group has been working really hard to get all the research and reports finished. We have been spending lots of time at Gaylord prepping for our presentation.

At Visual Image, I have still been doing lots of research for Advanced Academics. To review for you, I am researching three counties in Florida: Alachua, Lee, and Broward, where we are opening up three new markets. I have found that Broward is the biggest county, and most densely populated. I have focused more of my research on Broward, because we are more likely to grab some of their market due to the greater population. I have found this website askalibrarian.com, that I found when I was using google to find out info on Broward County schools. This website was awesome for research, and I have never quite used anything like it.

I am sure most states have the same kind of system, but this one is the first time I used it. I first thought where is the best place to go to find out any information, the library. So I found a link to Florida's library system webpage. On the Florida public library system website, I found this feature where I was able to have a real-time chat with a librarian, Vivian Paine. I connected with her, and explained to her my objective. Within 10-15 minutes she sent me seven links to relevant websites where I could find the info I needed.

On Thursday Allison and I sat down with each other, and i went over with her all the information I found. She was pleased to hear that I found some of these websites, and said they would be very useful for the final presentation. So I feel that I have been doing a great job, and really feel motivated, and that I am in very supportive surroundings in the Advertising Industry.

That's it for this week. Wish me luck on my presentation!


No comments:

Post a Comment