Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week 11, Spring Break, Finally!

March 15-19, 2010

Monday 12.30-5.30=5 hours
Tuesday 9-5.30 (30 min lunch)=8 hours
Wednesday 8.30-4,30 (30 min lunch)=7.5 hours
Thursday 12.30-5.30= 5 hours
Friday 8.30-5.00 (30min Lunch)=8 hours
Total for the week =33.5
Hours left for credit=139.5-33.5=106

It's Spring Break this week so I am making up some hours, this week I came in everyday. I finally finished up my Advanced Academics outlines. That was a long project, I would say the worst part about it though, is the document finishing. Formatting is a key part in the final outcome. It took me so long to get the whole document to all have the same formatting. The whole document was 23 pages, but since I made three outlines, one for each county, when I combined them the format was all wrong. On top of that the outlines had tables in them, so when you copy an paste to all different formats, all the tables shifted and it was a mess cleaning everything up. I could have spent days formatting, re-formatting, then re-formatting, the re-format, I kept changing things around, but Allison said just stick to one and run with it, because Janet the Accounts Service Manager will look over it, and may want it all re-formatted totally different anyway. Allison said that in her last project she spent three hours at home, re-formatting her document, and it drove her crazy.

This is another lesson learned about the Accounts Services, I could toil over something trivial and circumstantial, but in the end, somebody above me may want me to re-do all of it anyway. That's the business ladder, I guess thats what they call swimming with the sharks, and climbing the ladder. It's not so much about what you want, it's all bout what somebody else wants. It's just my job to figure that out, and try to meet those needs.

So the latter part of the week Advanced Academics, is sending out some marketing packages to their main customers, its a little portable lunch cooler with some flyers. The thought behind the cooler is that you can take your cooler to outside events, or to the beach, while still attending class at Advanced Academics. Meaning you can be laying on the beach, getting a tan, eating your lunch with the Advanced Academics cooler, and taking your classes online. I helped prepare the packages, just doing some busy work, till the next project comes up.

That's it for this week, I didn't realize how worn out I feel at the end of the day. Since I have been coming in some full days, going at it all day non-stop really drains me. The best part is that it is a good draining. The worst part is that I don't even get to enjoy my last Spring Break weekend, because I have projects that I have to work on for school, due on monday. I'll be back next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment