Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 21, 2010

Week 19-Last week I shined, where do I go from here?

Week of 5/10-5/14, 2010

Wednesday 8:30-3:00=7
Thursday 11:00-3:00=4
Friday 8:30-5:30=8
Hours left for credit 40.75-18.5=22.25

Blake Behrens wanted me to look up the different programs that I use to create some of the Augmented Reality stuff. So this week I have been researching all the different programs that are used to start this stuff. I have found Autodesk, Blender are some of the more popular programs used to create some 3D models. I am researching the websites and figuring out which ones might be the most user friendly.

The owner Tim Berney gave me a project this week to import a batch of pictures to a Power Point presentation. Well, If I had a PC sthat is easy to do, but I have a Mac and there is no way to import a batch of pictures. I did not know any way around it so i dragged and dropped each of the 457 pictures onto a separate slide in the presentation.
The Powerpoint was too big and would not save, my program crashed, and I lost all the work. I was frantic, i did not know what to do. Tim kept on telling me that that there is a way to do it without having to do it one by one. I found out Tim has a PC. You have to download a plug in for mac to support that function. I was in the doghouse because this needed to get finished. Marketing Director Jacquelyn Lamar, heard that I was in panic, and helped me out, but the same thing happened to her. She just sent the picture files off and told Tim he was going to pick which pictures he wanted in his presentation.

This just shows that I am still learning on how to deal with situations like this, I did not know what to do. For the first time since I have been here, I felt like I was under the gun. Thanks to Jacque helping me out, I got through it alright.



No comments:

Post a Comment