Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 3- Start of school, Still keeping up on the Internship

Week of Jan 18-22

Thursday 9a-1p=4 hours
Hours left for credit 208-4=204

Today I was a little late, my car broke down on the highway, my battery died while i was driving, and my car shut down. This meant that the alternator went out, and my battery drained. Luckily AAA came quickly and we towed it to my mechanic. He had a spare car I could use, while he was taking care of mine. I let Debra know what was going on, and she was fine with the situation. Luckily I was only an hour late.
At VI I finished typing up my notes on the Social Media Webinar from the week before. I was then asked to run another errand for them. Last week in one of the morning meetings i heard creative talking about how they were designing a t-shirt for Christ the King School, in North Oklahoma City. Coincidently, that is where I attended elementary school. I picked up the T-shirts delivered them, and headed back down to VI. The t-shirts looked great by the way, and everyone was pleased.



Friday 8:30-11:30=3Hours
Hours left for credit 204-3=201

So when I get to VI i am immediately put to work. VI made the welcome brochures for Casady High School. The brochures were folded out into a cross shape, on each wing of the cross, there was information printed about the school. When going through the brochure they noticed that there was a mistake in the printing, on the bottom part of the cross, so they had to cut that wing off, re-print the info and use it as a stuffer in the folder, located in the middle of the cross. So now the cross is not really a cross. So I learned that sometimes you have to improvise and deviate away from the original plan. For VI to reprint the whole brochure would cost more money and the deadline would be pushed.
When i returned to VI, Account Coordinator, Allison Abbott put me on he biggest project yet, and I am a bit timid and nervous, I want to make sure I do real well for her, but I am up for the challenge.
Advanced Academics, an online school program, is opening three new markets in Florida, in Alachua County, Broward County, and Lee County. I am to research each school district, finding out about the schools, demographics, and helpful organizations or charter schools that we may team up with to help advertise.




No comments:

Post a Comment