Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Start of my Internship

Internship Week 1, 12/4-12/8, 2010.
Days attended M, W, Th, Fri. (2.5 hours/day, 3-5.30p)
Total Hours worked 10. Total hours needed 240-10=230 left

I started at Visual Image Advertising, as an Account Executive Intern. I met all the people in the Accounts Dept., and feel confident that i will learn from all of them.

Monday My first day, Debra Kos took me around the office and I met everyone, and she gave me the names of some their accounts, and head me research them on the internet to get familiar with the companies. I was told that I might be helping some of the executives with some of these accounts. The clients are Advanced Academics, First Fidelity, Tobacco Stops With me Oklahoma, Automated Energy, and AmericanPrecious Metals Exchange.

Wednesday Account Coordinator, Alison Abbott gave me a stack of papers that are going to Bio cards for Doctors participating in the Oklahoma Spine Hospital group. VI is doing their advertising, and my task was to call the offices and verify the print, i.e spelling of names, addresses, professional titles. etc

Thursday Debra asked me to find relevant articles dealing with advertising news or updates that I felt might be relevant to the agency. I then had to email all the executives these related articles to try to give them insight into what's going on in the industry. She said this is also a way for them to get familiar with me and, to remember to give me whatever extra work they may have.

Friday Alison Abbott once again kept me in the loop, and sat me down with her, and showed me all the stuff she was working on, mainly having to do with her client Advanced Academics, she showed me all the charts they use to follow, their online Ad campaigns, and all the different banners and ads they are using within the campaign. I also learned all about the different ways they stay in touch with their client and how they continually check up with them in order to meet their clients goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment